There are two levels of membership in the Planned Giving Council of the Mid-South, one for the local organization and one for both the local and national organizations. While the two complement each other well, there are benefits to each separately.
Membership in the Planned Giving Council of the Mid-South alone provides value to professionals working for any type of organization that accepts charitable gifts, or with clients who make charitable gifts. Whether you are looking for career support, continuing education or charitable gift planning resources, our organization gives you access to the tools you need.
Locally, access to a network of peers working full and part time to secure charitable gifts is a significant benefit. Our meetings are planned to provide a balance of career development, education and awareness of current issues affecting the business of planned giving.
Membership in the local organization also provides you with attendance at the annual Allied Professionals conference at no additional cost. This is a continuing education opportunity from a nationally-recognized speaker, and at least 175-200 local professional advisors attend each year. This single event is worth the cost of membership.
If you add membership in the NACGP (National Association of Charitable Gift Planners), of which we are a member chapter, this will add a second layer of benefits. The NACGP, or just CGP, offers these benefits:
- CGP Link provides many of your member benefits in one place: networking, education opportunities, hundreds of resources and access to the brain trust that is our nearly 4,000 National members.
- Charitablegiftplanners.org has everything you need to know about your membership, CGP events and advocacy efforts. CGP standards, current research and upcoming education events are at your fingertips. And renewing and managing your membership is easy with our single sign on access.
- CGP Advocacy efforts are an active force in Washington, DC. We have been working day in and day out to advocate for members and promote the value of the charitable giving profession to legislators and policymakers. CGP has added more advocacy updates and strives to bring this information full circle so you can use it in your work.
- The CGP Conference is the event for new strategies, insights from experts and the opportunity to build your network. Members get $200 off the registration – again negating the cost of membership.
- CGP webinars are relevant and timely and are offered at a reduced cost to members.
- The CGP Link resource library is a knowledge base containing hundreds of resources on every aspect of charitable gift planning. Browse by category, or search to find exactly what you need. You can also contribute by adding documents from your own program to our collection of models and samples.
A combined annual membership package to both the Planned Giving Council of the Mid-South and National Association of Charitable Gift Planners is available for $250. Membership in the Planned Giving Council of the Mid-South alone is $125. Click here to register.